Alzheimer's Research UK exists to make breakthroughs possible through:
- Funding and delivering pioneering research.
- Collaborating with governments, funders, industry and people affected by dementia to accelerate scientific progress.
- Confronting misconceptions across society through awareness campaigning.
Our mission is to bring about the first life-changing dementia treatment by 2025.
To achieve this mission, we focus our efforts on four key organisational goals:
- Understand: Increasing knowledge and understanding of the diseases that cause dementia.
- Diagnose: Improving diagnosis of dementia.
- Reduce Risk: Reducing the risk of developing dementia.
- Treat: Developing treatments, ensuring they get to patients and ultimately preventing dementia.